Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Revolution

My soul clings to dust; give me life according to your word! ... Make me understand the way of your precepts, and I will meditate on your wondrous works. Psalm 119:25,27

I apparently wrote this in a private email with a friend in 2007, referring to the time in my life when I was first getting serious about becoming a disciple of Christ:

Oh you mean 1 Corinthians 7? Yeah there's some intense stuff in there.
Basically what Paul is saying is that there's a lot of distractions
that come with being married and growing a family and whatnot. I think
the general principle to get out of that is that you're not ready to
date or anything until you're willing to stay single. On the side, I
remember that verse pretty well from the first time I read through the
Bible [in 2002, between 8th and 9th grades],
because I pointed it out to [other friend] as this revolutionary verse that
could change the way people think about relationships.
Who knew God's Word had such amazing advice? As a 14/15 naive, nerdy kid I hoped for such, but I had no idea the riches contained in the Bible. Now 8 years later, and it still amazes me every time I open it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment